Artist Sylvie Cotton  participated in an artist residency project at the Maison André-Gratton, a pediatric palliative care home in Montreal, founded by the agency Phare, Enfants et Familles . Together with our project manager, Adriana de Oliveira, the artist has initiated creation of meetings with children aged 2-18 years.
We present the publication “L’instinct dan l’instant”  – a sensitive collection of traces made during these meetings.
Turbine  is an art creation center involved in training, research, and the dissemination of current practices in art and pedagogy. The multidisciplinary approach is implemented by developing joint projects with various education, artistic and community organizations. Turbine offers spaces where artists and art teachers can collaborate by way of training workshops, pedagogical creation projects , colloquiums, artist residency programs, and publications.
Its main activities are:
- Designing educational programs within artistic and cultural communities
- Developing pedagogical creation projects within the artistic, cultural, community and school milieus.
- Training cultural mediators.
- Organizing training workshops on the integration of technology and current teaching practices in art education.
- Creating teaching tools.
- Offering artist residencies which are linked to pedagogical projects.
- Publication of research work and art education practices.